Clothing is the front line of defense in the wilderness, protecting your body from ultraviolet sunrays, allergic reactions and diseases from insect bites, poisonous plants, and cooler temperatures. When camping, be prepared for all weather conditions and any emergencies that may arise.
- Wear layers of clothing instead of one heavy piece. You’ll be warmer.
- Wearing layers will also allow you to adjust to different temperatures by adding or removing layers.
- Waterproof clothing will prepare you for different weather conditions.
- Shoes and boots must be comfortable for walking to prevent blisters.
- Tuck pant legs into your socks and shoes to keep insects and ticks from getting underneath clothing.
- A cap or hat is a good shield to protect your head from too much sun.